Designed in conjunction with Alan Scotthorne, AS Pole Rigs have been more than a year in development and individually hand tied in our own factories, so the quality is second to none!
These rigs are designed in conjunction with five-time World Champion, Alan Scotthorne and are heavily based on Alan’s own rigs and rig diagrams. They took well over a year in development and are hand-tied in Drennan’s own factories.
They are designed for commercial fisheries and Incorporate the latest AS range of pole floats. They are made from the highest grade balsa and feature a special tough acrylic paint finish that gives exceptional strength and durability. They have highly visible hollow tips which are reinforced into the body and have a new-style of lightweight, blackened stainless steel eye that is kind to the line and a vast improvement over conventional spring eyes.
Sensible sized shot from No10 to No8 is used throughout and the shotting pattern based on Alan’s own recommendations. On each float there are three correctly positioned float rubbers to secure the float into place. Drennan Supplex line is used throughout, and loops are all tied with a reliable figure-of-eight knot.
Each rig comes on an innovative new toughened pole winder made from glass-filled nylon and a unique design of pole winder with allowing you to have the hook at the very end, which avoids kinking the hooklength. The winders are also clearly labeled and have detailed rig information printed onto the front face.
As close as you could get in mass production to what Alan Scotthorne uses himself. Arguably the best readymade pole rigs available!
Four styles are available incorporating the latest AS pole floats:
- AS1 (F1 & Carp)
- AS2 (Big Carp)
- AS3 (Silverfish & F1)
- AS4 (Margin Carp)
AS2 (Big Carp) Pole Rig:
- Float: AS2
- Sizes: 0.4g, 0.5g, 0.6g
- Stem: Thickened 0.6mm stainless steel
- Tip: 1.75mm hollow
- Rig length: 3.5m
- Main line: 0.20mm Supplex
- Hooklength: 15cm of 0.18mm Supplex
- Hook: Size 14 Drennan Wide Gape Carp Shotting: Bulk plus two No10 droppers
- Designed in conjunction with five-time World Champion, Alan Scotthorne
- Heavily based on Alan’s own rigs and rig diagrams
- Well over a year in development
- Hand-tied in Drennan’s own factories
- Designed for commercial fisheries
- Incorporating the latest AS range of pole floats
- Highest grade balsa bodies
- Special tough acrylic paint finish gives exceptional strength and durability
- Highly visible hollow tips reinforced into the body
- New-style of lightweight, blackened stainless steel eye is kind to the line and a vast improvement over conventional spring eyes
- Sensible sized shot from No10 to No8 used throughout
- Shotting patterns based on Alan’s recommendations
- Three correctly positioned float rubbers on each stem
- Drennan Supplex line used throughout
- Loops all tied with a reliable figure-of-eight knot
- Sensible 15cm (6in) hooklengths and Drennan barbless hooks
- Innovative new toughened pole winders made from glass-filled nylon
- Unique design of pole winder places hook at the very end, which avoids kinking the hooklength
- Clear and detailed rig information printed onto the front face of the winder itself
- Four styles of rig; each in three of the most popular sizes
- As close as you could get in mass production to what Alan Scotthorne uses himself!
- Arguably the best readymade pole rigs available!
There are no reviews yet.